Updated 17 November, 2015.
What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other information to help respond to inquiries, coordinate auditions, complete purchases, buy tickets, join our mailing list, or complete an application for our commission competition.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
We use regular anti-Malware scanning and protection. All data and financial transactions are secured by an SSL certificate in combination with third-party, PCI-DSS Compliant partners. No sensitive information is ever stored on BCE servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Remember that you’re a returning visitor to our website and accordingly disable the ‘Sign up for our newsletter’ popup window.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
- If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled and some of the features that make your user experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- You may still place orders if you have cookies disabled.
- The ‘Sign up for our newsletter’ popup window will appear each time you use our website.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we are compelled to comply with a lawful request, to enforce our site policies, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Links
We may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users will be able to change their personal information by emailing us.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
Yes. In order to better improve our website experience, we participate in third party behavioral tracking.
Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Fair Information Practices
In order to comply with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should the unlikely event of a data breach occur:
- We will notify users via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify users via the site within 7 business days.
CAN SPAM Act
You have the right to have emails stopped from being sent to you. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and / or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and / or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with the CAN SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out / unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from all future correspondence.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Boston Choral Ensemble, Inc.
PO Box 170141
Boston, MA 02117
United States of America